Private Bin was formed in 1961 by the late Murray Tyrrell to provide members with access to exclusive small production wines from our premium Hunter Valley vineyards. Today, our Private Bin wines remain true to Murray’s vision; producing only small quantities from our premium Hunter Valley vineyards when vintage allows. Six of these blocks are over 100 years old and are home to some of the rarest vines in the world.
Private Bin members receive:
• New release Winemaker’s Selection, Single Vineyard and Sacred Sites wines before the general public at pre-release prices
• 20% off standard Cellar Door prices of all other Tyrrell’s wines
• Free domestic freight on orders (minimum 6 bottles)
• Access to the members only Private Bin tasting rooms
• Invitations to tastings, special offers and exclusive events; such as our Seasonal Lunches (see video below)
Commitment to purchase a minimum of 12 bottles per year from the new release Winemaker’s Selection, Sacred Sites, or Single Vineyard ranges. Wines are preselected by the member and are held in reserve as a ‘wine allocation’ until release each year.
Allocations may be amended at any time. Tasting dozens are also available, with the configuration predetermined by Tyrrell’s.
Red wines are released in May, Semillon in September, and Chardonnay in November each year.
Current Private Bin Releases
To become a Private Bin member, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request an application form.