The Tyrrell’s story began in the Hunter Valley with Edward Tyrrell, who in 1858, purchased a 320 acre parcel of limestone country nestled in the foothills of the Brokenback Range. On arrival Edward constructed a slab hut from ironbark, hand cut with an axe. This small hut still stands today, adjacent to the winery.
Edward proceeded to plant 70 acres of grapevines on the original holding, naming it Ashmans. This land is one of the best vineyard sites in the Valley and the first vintage was in 1864. In 1869 Edward married Susan Hungerford and they went on to raise a family of ten children. The vineyard was eventually passed onto the second generation, Dan and Avery. A block of Edward’s vines planted in 1879 is consistently bearing fruit today and is one of the oldest vineyards still in production in the Hunter Valley.
From its founder’s early vision to today, the long tradition of quality winemaking continues, strengthening Tyrrell’s position as one of Australia’s pre-eminent family owned wine producers.
• Access to a wide variety of quality wines across the Tyrrell’s range, make your own selection or choose from set club packs (minimum 12 bottles per year)
• 15% off standard Cellar Door prices
• Flexible delivery options and free domestic freight on all orders
• Exclusive members’ only offers
• Access to exclusive tasting areas at the winery
• Invitations to members’ events
To join The Founder’s Club please email us at email@example.com and request a membership form.