Our Cellar Door
Discover over 150 years of winemaking experience with a trip to Tyrrell’s Hunter Valley winery. Visit the cellar door and taste some of our award winning wines, take a tour and experience first hand the old oak vats and historic red cellar still in full operation. You will also see the original iron bark hut that Edward Tyrrell lived in and the Short Flat Vineyard, home of Australia’s most awarded white wine, Vat 1 Semillon, with its vines first planted in 1923.
Our Cellar Door Team
Michael Paterson - Winery Sales Manager
Ali Wood - Winery Sales & Communications
Scott Richardson - Cellar Door Sales
Glen Kirtley - Cellar Door Sales
Esther O'Connell - Cellar Door Sales
Cellar Door Opening Hours
9:00am – 5:00pm Monday to Saturday
Please note, tastings finish 15mins prior to closing
Winery Tours & Activities
Winery Tour: 10.30am daily - $5 per person
Premium Private Tasting
By appointment only.
A structured tasting hosted by one of our experienced team. This is a unique insight into Tyrrell's, showcasing wines across the portfolio and including some from our iconic Winemakers Selection range.
Minimum 4 people, maximum 20 people. Please allow 60 minutes. $15 per person, bookings essential.
Address & Contact Details
1838 Broke Road, Pokolbin NSW 2320
Ph: 1800 045 501 for sales or 02 4993 7028 for tastings and general cellar door information
Directions from Sydney CBD
- You need to head North so follow signs for the Harbour Bridge and merge onto Bradfield Hwy.
- Keep right to stay on Bradfield Hwy, follow signs for Metroad 1, continue to merge onto M1. [ FYI The Bradfield Hwy soon becomes the Warringah Freeway then it becomes the Gore Hill Freeway, just keep going and look out for signs directing you to Newcastle ]
- Take the PACIFIC HIGHWAY exit towards Chatswood/Newcastle
- Take the Pacific Highway/Metroad 1 ramp on the left to Chatswood/Newcastle
- At “Artarmon” Turn right onto Pacific Hwy/A1 [ from A1 to F3 is roughly ~14km but expect lots of traffic ]
- At “Wahroonga” Turn right onto the ramp to F3 Freeway/National Highway 1/Newcastle
- Merge onto Pacific Motorway [ ~120 km or 1 hour drive North start looking for Newcastle Link Road ]
- Take exit Newcastle Link Road towards Newcastle
- Keep left at the fork and merge onto the new Hunter Expressway/M15 [ ~20 min drive to Lovedale exit]
- Drive North towards Braxton/Singleton until you see the Lovedale exit sign
- Take the Lovedale exit
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Lovedale Road [ ~10mins to Wine Country Drive turn off ]
- Turn right onto Wine Country Drive/B82 Road you will pass a small airport on your left followed by the Tourist Information Centre. Take the next left into Broke Road [ ~2 min to Broke Road turn off ]
- Turn left onto Broke Road Follow Broke Road until you reach a 'T' intersection with McDonalds Road. After you turn left you then immediately right into the continuation of Broke Road [ ~2 min to turn off ]
- Tyrrells Wines will be on the top of a rise on your left