Discover over 150 years of winemaking experience with a trip to Tyrrell’s Hunter Valley winery. Visit the cellar door and taste some of our award winning wines, take a tour and experience first hand the old oak vats and historic red cellar still in full operation. You will also see the original iron bark hut that Edward Tyrrell lived in and the Short Flat Vineyard, home of Australia’s most awarded white wine, Vat 1 Semillon, with its vines first planted in 1923.
Our Cellar Door Team
Andrew Goldman - Cellar Door Manager
Scott Richardson - Retail & Winery Events Coordinator
Cellar Door Opening Hours
9:00am – 5:00pm Monday to Saturday
10:00am – 4:00pm Sunday
Closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day & Good Friday.
Please note, tastings finish 15mins prior to closing
Winery Tours & Activities
Winery Tour: 10.30am daily - $5 per person (no booking required)
Private Group Tastings
Edward Tyrrell Tasting - $5 per person – General tasting across the Tyrrell’s portfolio. Approx 45mins. 8-60 people per booking.
Uncle Dan Tyrrell Tasting - $10 per person – A tasting of a selection of our Single Vineyard portfolio. Approx 60mins. 8-60 people per booking.
Murray Tyrrell Tasting - $15 per person – A structured tasting of our Winemaker’s Selection portfolio in the Tyrrell’s original homestead or Private Bin room. Approx 80mins. 2 -16 people per tasting.
All personalised tours and bus groups by appointment only.
2-20 students - $120, 21-40 students - $180, 41-60 students - $250 (bookings essential)
Tour will run for 2 hours and topics covered include: the vineyard, winemaking and marketing. Please email questions 2 weeks in advance.
If you are looking to visit the Hunter Valley and need some accommodation options, we recommend you check out Wotif.com
Address & Contact Details
1838 Broke Road, Pokolbin NSW 2320
Ph: (02) 4993 7000
- From the city of Sydney take the Pacific Highway north heading towards Hornsby. This will take approximately 30 minutes depending on traffic.
- At Wahroonga turn right onto the F3 Freeway, heading north towards Newcastle
- Travel approx 98km north on the freeway for approximately one hour
- Take the Hunter Valley vineyards/Freemans Drive turn off to the left, following State Route 82
- Follow the signs to Cessnock for approximately 30 minutes
- When you arrive at Cessnock, turn right at the first set of lights onto Vincent Street
- Follow Vincent Street until the end and turn left onto Maitland Road and then a quick right into Allandale Road, following the signs to Branxton
- Allandale Road turns into Wine Country Drive, follow this for approx 5 minutes, you will pass a small airport on your left followed by the Tourist Information Centre. Take the next left into Broke Road.
- Follow Broke Road until you reach a 'T' intersection with McDonalds Road. Turn left then immediately right onto the continuation of Broke Road
- Follow this road for approximately 3kms and Tyrrell’s Winery is on the left
- Total driving time from the city of Sydney is approximately 2 hours 30mins